Being shortlisted for, or winning, a Dance School of the Year award brings many benefits. People love to work with Award Winning businesses and schools so you should spread the word of your success via press releases and by using the DSOTY logo on your web site, your prospectus and all other marketing material.
But first you have to write your winning entry!
Read the entry form through very carefully.
On page 2 of the entry form, use a maximum of 250 words. This is a SUMMARY only. You can add all other information to your main entry.
The entry form is just the beginning.
You need to convey to the judges the passion you have for your school. What makes your school special and different from other schools in your area? Perhaps you have specialist knowledge or skill which you offer your students or you might run unique workshops or perhaps teach a different age or ability range. You need to convey this to the judges. You can include testimonials, newspaper cuttings, CPD details, social care policy, charity events etc. This further evidence should be sent either on a memory stick or as a hard/paper copy.
Here are some considerations to share with the judges.
- It may be obvious to you that you have contracts in place with your staff, your studio/hall and your students but this is not always the case so make sure you point out all the policies and procedures you have in place, Explain how you measure your own CPD.
You should also give as much supporting evidence as possible to show:
- What difference your school makes within your local community
- How many charity events your school supports, contributes to or runs
- Your staff all qualified/training and fully insured
- The achievements of the school during this year
If you can submit testimonials from your students, their parents or a charity you support it will help to make your case, as would a message of thanks from anyone who has worked with your pupils.
Once you have completed your entry
- Check all facts for accuracy
- Ensure someone proof reads it for you
- Be certain that all supporting evidence is quick and easy to read or downloads quickly – the judges have many entries to consider.
- Make sure you are happy that the look and feel of your entry portrays your school brand
- Proof read one last time!
- POST your entry to: Chris Rice, P O Box 114, Dawlish, EX7 7AU
- CLOSING DATE IS MAY 4th 2017
And that’s it! This competition is free to enter but the rewards are enormous and if you are a winner the long term publicity and prestige will be invaluable. Your entry should be specifically about achievements during 2016, so start collating your evidence now.